The main idea of this case study is taken from (Drury, 2018) and main author is M. Saeudy.
A smart Solution is a small sized IT company. It was established since 1980. It produces different kinds of online Apps, Web design and online trading platforms. All these products are supplied by their own consultants from different parts of the world. Most of these products are made from customer requests and big data materials. Most of these products are very well known for local and international consumers who are interested in online transactions. The marketing manager raises his concerns regarding the expected decline in the sales target for the few next years due to some global economic and political challenges in the world such as the Covid 19, UK Brexit and Middle East Arab spring revolutions.
The main factory and head office are in very high-Tech village. This company is fully owned by small number of IT designers and technologists. The county council of this area is looking for collaborative partnerships with business organization(s) to look after the big data for one of the biggest social media App and participate in one of the following projects:
- Project one: New international online payment system (Smart Pay). The total required cost for this project is £300,000,000.
- Project two: The free Wi-Fi App (Cloud APP) for the whole village. This area involves very high usage if IT technologies such as online trading, IT designer, Digital Education and Financial technologies. The total required cost for this project is £250,000,000.
- Project three: The restoration and upgrade of an old payment system. The total required cost for this project is £100,000,000.
- Project Four: Create an international online chatting App (Free Call App). The total required cost for this project is £100,000,000.
- Critically analyze the above-mentioned four projects in terms of financial advantages, challenges and limits. You can illustrate your analysis with some qualitative and quantitative reflection Prepare a business diagnosis analysis to explain the theoretical critique of traditional management accounting tools and practices that could be used in this case study such as investment appraisal, decision making under risk ….etc. You may need to support your discussion and analysis with relevant research papers, business cases or examples