Mr. Jones owns 100% of the commons shares of JL Corp, a CCPC engaged in an active business. The FMV of these shares is $900,000 and they have an ACB and PUC of $100,000. Mr. Jones wishes to crystalize his capital gains deduction (he has never previously had a capital gain) because he is concerned that a new government in the near future might bring an end to the capital gains deduction. Mr. Jones is thinking about two possible transactions to achieve this goal:
1. Mr. Jones will do a section 86 reorganization, and exchange his old common shares for preferred shares with an FMV of $900,000. The legal stated capital of the preferred shares will be $900,000.
2. Mr. Jones will do a section 85 transfer of his old common shares to JL Corp, electing an amount of $900,000, and receiving in exchange new common shares with an FMV of $900,000. The legal stated capital of the new common shares will be $100,000.
What are the tax consequences of these two transactions? Will they achieve Mr. Jones’s goal of crystallizing his capital gains deduction?
Rely on us and receive professional paper writing assistance!
Who We Are
We are a professional website for customized writing. If you searched a question and stumbled into our website, you are in the right place to receive assistance with your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have displayed prior orders to demonstrate our experience. We can answer this question for you as we have previously. Please fill out our Order Form so that we may ensure its flawlessness. Correctly completing the order form will help our staff with reference, requirements, and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
- Click on the “Order Now” tab at the top menu or “GET A FREE QUOTE” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled
- Fill in the initial requirements in the small order form located on the home page and press “continue” button to proceed to the main order form or press “order” button in the header menu. Starting from there let our system intuitively guide you through all steps of ordering process. Submit detailed paper instructions, upload necessary files if needed and provide your contact information – you are almost done!
- Proceed with the payment- click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it. All your payments are processed securely through PayPal. This enables us to guarantee a 100% security of your funds and process payments swiftly.
- Delivery- Once finished, your final paper will be available for download through your personal dashboard. You will also receive an email notification with a copy of your paper attached to it.