The following document is an excerpt from Mustang Sally Steakhouse’s business plan.
Mustang Sally Steakhouse Business Plan
We will write a
specifically for you for only
805 certified writers online
Mustang Sally Steakhouse’s objectives for the first three years of operation include:
- Growing one new restaurant per year for the first three years of operation.
- Keeping food cost under 30% of revenue.
- Keeping employee labour cost between 10–15% of revenue.
- Averaging sales in each location between 4–5 million dollars per year.
- Maintaining strict controls on costs and operations by hiring a managing partner/proprietor for each location and utilising automated computer/internet control.
Mustang Sally Steakhouse will strive to be the leading buffet restaurant in the local marketplace. We want our guests to have the ultimate dining experience when visiting Mustang Sally’s Steakhouse. Not only will our guests receive a great meal, they will also experience an exciting atmosphere every time they enter the restaurant. We will be doing unique things (such as serving all-you-can-eat choice grass-fed sirloin steaks which are grilled on the spot by barbecue chefs) that will set us apart from the competition. We will ensure that the dining experience is as pleasing to the senses as it is to the palate.
Our focus will be serving quality food at great value. We will feature a large selection of freshly prepared food, mostly in full view of our guests. We will feature over 100 items daily that are full of flavour and come from a range of different cuisines from around the world.
Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We will strive to satisfy even the most demanding customers and food critics. We aim to be the first choice for adults and children, families and couples, friends, and colleagues. We will also be in the ideal location to hold corporate functions, conferences, and business meetings.
We will value our staff as our number one resource. We will promote a happy and safe working environment. We will reward our employees for their contributions, and they will reap the benefits of our success. We will combine delightful dishes, a fun atmosphere, and friendly personnel to create a complete and unique restaurant encounter to reach our goal of over-all value in the dining/entertainment experience.
The following chart displays the organisational structure of Mustang Sally Steakhouse:
Your project, the Mustang Sally Steakhouse:
You are the Events Coordinator for the Mustang Sally Steakhouse. The owner of the business has asked you and the rest of the events team to plan the opening event for the first restaurant which seats 300 people. The plan must include:
- the menu for the occasion – it will be a limited menu offering guests a taste of the best Mustang Sally Steakhouse has to offer:
- five appetisers
- three fish dishes
- five meat options including two different steak dishes
- three pasta dishes
- three risottos
- three curries
- one couscous dish
- five pizza options
- three salads
- five desserts.
- details regarding how guests will be served (buffet, table service, bar service, etc.)
- entertainment for the event timing – lunch or dinner? Which day of the week?
- how the event will be advertised and how guests will be invited the number of guests that will be allowed to attend details on how you will create a unique dining experience for all guests an estimate of the budget for the event.