The stockholders’ equity section of Benton Corporation’s balance sheet as of December 31, 2018 is as follows:
Common stock, $5 par value; authorized, 2,000,000 shares;
We will write a
specifically for you for only
805 certified writers online
issued, 400,000 shares $2,000,000
Paid-in capital in excess of par 850,000
Retained earnings 3,000,000
The following events occurred from January to August during 2019:
1. Jan. 5 10,000 shares of authorized and unissued common stock were sold for $8 per share.
2. Jan. 16 Purchase back 1,000 treasury shares at $10 per share.
3. Feb. 10 Reissue all the treasury shares for $14 per share.
4. March 1 A 30% stock dividend was declared and issued. Market value per share is currently $15.
5. April 1 A two-for-one split was carried out. The par value of the stock was to be reduced to $2.50 per share. Market value on March 31 was $18 per share.
6. July 1 A 15% stock dividend was declared and issued. Market value is currently $10 per share.
7. Aug. 15 A cash dividend of 20 cents per share was declared, payable September 1 to stockholders of record on August 21.
What is the balance of common stock at the end of August for 2019?
What is the balance of retained earnings at the end of August for 2019?
What is the number of shares outstanding at the end of August for 2019?