This question consists of 5 parts (Parts A, B, C,

This question consists of 5 parts (Parts A, B, C, D, and E). All parts must be attempted. The following transactions occurred between Fauci Ltd and its wholly owned subsidiary, Gupta Ltd. All transactions occurred during the year ended 30 June 2020 unless specifically stated otherwise. The company tax rate is 30%. 

Required: 

Prepare the adjustment journal entries required to eliminate the intra-group transactions in the consolidation worksheet of Fauci Ltd Group at 30 June 2020. Details of the transactions are provided below in Parts A-E. Provide the journal entries in the text box below the description of each transaction. Since no consolidation worksheet is provided when making adjustments to the relevant accounts, you can assume that each account that you need to adjust exists in the worksheet Show all calculations. Formatting requirements: In all journal entries, you must specify whether the entry is a debit or credit entry by including “Dr” or “Cr” before the account name. Credit entries must also be indented. Journal entries which do not follow these requirements will be awarded a mark of zero. Below are examples of correctly formatted journal entries:

 Dr Cash 1000 Cr Cash 1000

 OR 

1000 Dr Cash Cr Cash 1000
Question 3 Part (A) Fauci Ltd sold inventory to Gupta Ltd for $30,000. The inventory originally cost Fauci Ltd $19,000. By the end of the year, 40% of the inventory still remained on hand, the other 60% had been sold to an external party.
Question 3 Part (B) Gupta Ltd had purchased inventory from Fauci Ltd during the previous financial year ended 30 June 2019 for $120,000. The original cost of the inventory had been $95,000. The inventory still remained on hand by 30 June 2020.
Question 3 Part (C) Fauci Ltd provided advertising services to Gupta Ltd for a fee of $12,345. Fauci Ltd invoiced Gupta Ltd on 29 June 2020. However, the invoice has not yet been paid by 30 June 2020.
Question 3 Part (D) On 1 May 2020, Fauci Ltd borrowed a loan of $100,000 from Gupta Ltd. The annual interest charged on the loan is 8%. Accrued interest is paid twice a year on 30 June and 31 December.
Question 3 Part (E) Two years ago, Gupta Ltd sold plant to Fauci Ltd for $100,000 on 30 June 2018. At the time of the sale, the plant was recorded by Gupta Ltd at a book value of $80,000 (net of depreciation). The plant is depreciated by Fauci Ltd on a straight- line basis over a useful life of 5 years with a residual value of zero.

How Our Website Works

1. FILL IN OUR SIMPLE ORDER FORM

It has never been easier to place your order. Fill in the initial requirements in the small order form located on the home page and press “continue” button to proceed to the main order form or press “order” button in the header menu. Starting from there let our system intuitively guide you through all steps of ordering process.

2. PROCEED WITH THE PAYMENT

All your payments are processed securely through PayPal. This enables us to guarantee a 100% security of your funds and process payments swiftly.

3. WRITER ASSIGNMENT

Next, we match up your order details with the most qualified freelance writer in your field.

4. WRITING PROCESS

Once we have found the most suitable writer for your assignment, they start working on a masterpiece just for you!

5. DELIVERY

Once finished, your final paper will be available for download through your personal dashboard. You will also receive an email notification with a copy of your paper attached to it. Sometimes, the writer may leave a note for you about the order in case there is any additional information that they need to give you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.